WHY ARE INVESTORS INTERESTED IN IMO STATE?
Main Investment Opportunities
Investment opportunities exist in the state including oil and gas exploration, chemical plants, brewery plants, hydroelectric plants, gas-fired power plants, grain mills, starch production, cashews, fruit and vegetable juice concentrate production, integrated multi-oil seed processing plants, ceramics, inland waterway transport, and palm produce industry
Other opportunities for investment exist in:
- Light Manufacturing
- Real Estate
Imo State is the Tourism hub of Nigeria with its favourable economic conditions and conducive environment. These combinations provide valuable market for any product or service that is domiciled in the state.
BELOW ARE SOME OF THE REASONS FOR INVESTING IN IMO STATE:
- Ease of starting and doing business
- Important size of its domestic market (Nigerians converge in Owerri for Fun and leisure) and Nigeria is- Africa’s highest GDP;
- Availability of cheap & highly skilled labour, Imo state has the highest number of graduates in Nigeria
- Access to different markets locally & internationally with the Cargo airport
- Competitive Tax Rates
- Stable Political Environment and Government Policy on Continuity. (Continuity of govt)
- Safe & Efficient Banking Network
- Important hydrocarbon resources and high agricultural potential.
- 45% of the population are made of high- and middle-income earners
- Full working knowledge of the project contract, specifications, schedules and ongoing access to project organization
- Investor and Local Contractor/ Host community team coordination
- Direct involvement with Investor project office to assure progress and payments are made according to the contract.
As part of the efforts to provide an enabling environment the government has passed aggressive incentives for investors to benefit.
- Tax incentives
- Adequate Security
- The Imo State Government’s policy of economic liberalization, promoting public-private partnerships and strategic alliances with foreign companies.
- Market diversification
- Lower labor costs
- Preferential tariffs
- Project Development Solution
- Consortium Coordination
- Market Analysis
- Business Development
- Investment Plans and strategies
- Legal and Contract advisory Services
- Assist Investor:
– Acquire Operating Licenses and Registration
– Project Monitoring
– Legal, Tax, and Banking Consulting
– Local Resources and personnel
– Project Logistic
- Responsible for identifying necessary infrastructure, oil and gas, power, tourism, housing and other projects matching the needs of our Investors
- Initiate a direct interface with key government agencies and host communities to clearly identify issues
- Assist with business licenses, office set up and other services for potential Investors
- Updates on changes in government policies, security situations, etc.