Imo State Direct Foreign Investments and New Industries
To make Imo the most attractive investment destination in Nigeria.
To develop the ease of doing business in Imo State.
Our Core Values…
- A commitment to innovation and excellence.
- A commitment to sustainability and environment safety.
- A commitment to sustaining Efficiency and creative innovations
- A commitment to service, humanity and patriotism
- A commitment to team spirit and professionalism
Imo state Direct Foreign Investment and New Industries is an Initiative Structured by His Excellency Distinguished Senator Hope Uzodinma to Promote the Sustainable Development Goals and Investment in Imo State by attracting both local and foreign investors as well as create enabling environment that will unluck investment bottle-necks.
In light of these facts and a host of other investor friendly initiatives ; His Excellency, The Governor of Imo State, Distinguished Senator Hope Uzodinma at his inauguration as the 16th Governor of Imo State pronounced the creation of the Direct Foreign Investment and New Industries (DFI & NI). Imo DFI & NI is established on the mandate to create an enabling environment for international competitiveness and promote inward and outward Direct Foreign Investment in Imo State.
DFI & NI is a comprehensive initiative that seeks to clinically confront and conquer unemployment, as well as an initiative for Imo state Industrialization. The Imo state Direct Foreign Investment and New Industries (DFI & NI) agency is also responsible for identification and promotion of genuine and specific foreign and local direct investment into the economy of Imo state. These activities include investor targeting, coordination of investor and trade delegation visits to Imo state, handling investor enquiries, liaising with embassies and high commissions, participation in trade fairs and exhibitions (local and foreign), publication of promotional materials, partnering with development agencies for social and economic development in Imo, promotion of African and Inter- ECOWAS Commerce, promotion of exports of goods and services from Imo state to other parts of the World.
The Imo state DFI & NI department is responsible for the initial review and assessment of investment proposals. It sets the criteria for vetting and pre-qualification of Investors for meetings with Commissioners, Directorate and Agencies (MDAs). One of the tasks carried out is the KYC (Know Your Customer) on Investors / Proponents of an Investment. The DFI & NI department also works with various MDAs to identify key investment opportunities within Imo State
The Technical department is primarily responsible for liaison with investors. The department aims at ensuring that existing investors continue to operate in a conducive environment leveraging on the ease of doing business in Imo State.
In view of its strategic importance and for quick response mechanism in implementation of his three Rs- Rehabilitation, Reconstruction and Recovery agenda which is the cardinal points of this administration, DFI & NI has Ministry of Budget, Economic Planning and Statistics as supervisory Ministry to accelerate the process of all Foreign and Local Investment initiatives in Imo state.
Imo State Direct Foreign Investment and New Industries nurtures a conducive environment that allows businesses to flourish in Imo state.
Our Mandate Includes:
- To promote the sustainable development goals both Foreign and Local investment in Imo state.
- Attract Investments and partnerships projects to the state
- Monitor and measure the outcomes and impacts of all projects relevant to DFI & NI in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Identification of foreign markets for goods and services produced in the state.
- Promotion of Inter-ECOWAS and African Union E-Commerce
- Identification and promotion of genuine and specific foreign direct investment into Imo state economy
- Enhance universal perception of Imo state as a place to conduct mutual and beneficial business .
- Act as a ‘business overseer’ – by helping investors and local business community navigate government bureaucracy.
Three Benefits of DFI & NI
- Economic stimulation
- Development of human capital
- Increase in employment
- Access to management expertise, skills, and technology
Rt. Hon. Dr.C.C Osuala, PhD
Hon. Prince Chuks Osuji
Engr. Kingsley Maduka-Young
Hon. Uzoma Nwokorie
Donec pede justo, fringilla vel, aliquet nec, vulputate eget, arcu. In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. Nullam dictum feliis pretium. Integer tincidunt.
Interested in Imo State?
Imo State is the Tourism hub of Nigeria with its favourable economic conditions and conducive environment.
Government House Annex Office
112 Wetheral Road, City School
Owerri, Imo state